On-Street Meter Information
PARK Roanoke is excited to offer modern, convenient multi-space meters on select city streets as part of the City of Roanoke’s on-street metered parking pilot program. Starting in mid-July 2017, the solar-powered, wireless parking meters will be installed on Wall Street, Market Street, Salem Avenue, and Franklin Road. Patrons may pay with coins or a credit/debit card. Payment may also be processed through Whoosh! – a mobile phone application.
HOW IT WORKS – PAY BY PLATE
- Press the white Start Button on the left side of the keypad to begin
- Enter your license plate number
- Press the green check mark/print button to continue
- Insert coins or card to add time and follow on-screen instructions
- Press Print button to obtain a printed receipt
- Retain receipt as proof of payment – no need to display in windshield
Must Register License Plate in Meter and Obtain Receipt for 1 hour free parking. Failure to fully register plate in machine may result in the issuance of a citation. It is important to register, even if you are not staying for more than one hour.
Persons with valid disabled license plates or placards are not exempt from the requirement to register at the meter. Those with a disabled plate or placard must register at the meter for one free hour and obtain a receipt; and, pay the rates listed below. The Whoosh! app may be used to register for the one free hour and to pay for additional time. When using the Whoosh! app, there is no need to physically walk to the meter.
Paid parking rates and increments are as follows:
- First hour: FREE $0.00 (patron must still register their vehicle’s license plate number at smart meter and obtain receipt)
- Second hour: $1.00
- Third hour: $3.00
- Maximum time in a zone: Three hours
- The total payment for three hours is $4.00.
Watch a Pay by Plate Instructional Video
To Pay by Phone Download Whoosh! from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store or visit www.whooshstore.com It gives you the freedom to pay from anywhere!